- All policies, processes, and procedures must comply with Qatari, HMC, and applicable accreditation standards (i.e. AABB, CAP, ISO, and JCI).
- All prospective donors must show an approved identity document with picture (e.g., Qatari ID, other GCC ID, passport) that confirms their identity with a unique alphanumeric identifier.
- All positively identified candidates will be assigned a Hematos donor ID if they do not already have one.
- All donors with the previous old donor ID will be assigned a Hematos donor ID. All future donations will be done using the Hematos ID.
- All positively identified candidates must be checked in the donor deferral database.
- Only those without contraindications may be accepted for further processing.
- HMC 1001 Setting Specification, Version 1.5, Hematos IIG, Medinfo
- Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, Current Edition, AABB, Bethesda, Maryland, USA