This is a sample quality system plan to comply with AABB and CAP accreditation standards that I used at HMC Doha.
The Division Head, Transfusion Medicine and Blood Banks, is responsible for all aspects of transfusion medicine at HMC for the State of Qatar. The following policy documents some of those roles.
- The Division Head, Transfusion Medicine HTM, serves as a member of the Corporate Transfusion Committee
- The HTM through the CTC establishes criteria for transfusion of blood components and passes these through the HMC corporate process for establishing official guidelines.
- The HTM reviews blood component requests, especially in times of shortage to triage in conjunction with the Medical Director and Chairperson, DPLM
- The HTM establishes transfusion practices through the interim policies, which are in turn used to prepare processes and procedures through corporate transfusion medicine.
- The HTM serves as Project Manager for the Medinfo Hematos IIG computer system and prepares policies, processes, and procedures for Transfusion Laboratory Information Systems.
Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, Current Edition AABB, Bethesda, MD, USA