5.1.1 PROCESS: Donor Registration
- Donor presents acceptable picture ID with a unique alphanumeric identifier.
- Donors without Qatari ID must be approved by the Coordinator, Donor Recruitment, a donor center physician, or Head, Transfusion Medicine.
- Donor ID is scanned into Hematos IIG.
- Donor is assigned Hematos IIG Donor ID if not already in the system.
- Donors with previous ID will be given a Hematos ID
- All donors are registered only using the Hematos ID
- Medinfo Hematos IIG software checks donor deferral database
- Donor is accepted for medical questionnaire only if he has no contraindications.
- HMC 1001 Setting Specification, Version 1.5, Hematos IIG, Medinfo
- Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, Current Edition, AABB, Bethesda, Maryland, USA