5.0.1 PROCESS: Donor Recruitment and Campaigns
- Company or organization contacts Coordinator, Donor Recruitment to schedule donation OR:
- Coordinator, Donor Recruitment contacts companies or organizations to schedule donations.
- The Coordinator, Donor Affairs, is responsible for all recruitment activities:
- Serves as initial contact point for organizations and companies desiring to have a donor campaign.
- Schedules donor campaigns in advance, arranges for emergency collections as needed.
- Assigns donor recruitment staff to visit and inspect prospective donation sites.
- Arranges logistics of resources for donor campaigns (personnel, equipment, vehicles, supplies)
- Coordinates with HMC Public Relations and the media
- Prepares news media to encourage donation
- All contacts and schedules are entered into Hematos IIG.
- Donor recruitment materials are left at donation site to encourage donation and provide means for donors to schedule their donations during the campaign.
- Donor recruitment staff prepare the donation site at time of donation.
- Donation processes are conducted in accordance to policies, processes, and procedures for registration, donor questionnaire, physical examination, and collection.
- Hematos IIG is accessed by either wireless connection (VPN) or off-line data dump to check donor against donor deferral database.
- Blood is stored at suitable temperatures at collection site and in transit back to Donor Center.
- Campaign blood components and specimens are received in Donor Center and transferred for further processing and testing.
- HMC 1001 Setting Specification, Version 1.5, Hematos IIG, Medinfo
- Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, Current Edition, AABB, Bethesda, Maryland, USA