5.0 Donor Recruitment and Campaigns Policy
- All policies, processes, and procedures must comply with local, national, and applicable international accreditation standards (i.e. AABB, CAP, ISO, and JCI).
- All recruitment information must be entered into Hematos IIG.
- The Coordinator, Donor Affairs, is responsible for all recruitment activities.
- Donor recruitment staff will visit scheduled donation sites in advance and assess their suitability and prepare them for use before the start of each campaign.
- Donor recruitment materials and announcements will be left at each location during the inspection visit.
- Collected blood will be stored at room temperature during the collection on-site and transported back to the Donor Center in suitable validated containers to maintain storage at desirable temperature.
- The processes and procedures for normal donation, e.g. registration, donor questionnaire, physical examination, and collection apply.
- HMC 1001 Setting Specification, Version 1.5, Hematos IIG, Medinfo
- Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, Current Edition, AABB, Bethesda, Maryland, USA