5.7.1 PROCESS: Donor Marker Testing
- Specimens will be received from the collection areas.
- Specimens will be processed (e.g. centrifuging, aliquoting if required) by marker testing personnel.
- The mandated tests will be performed on the designated equipment by marker testing personnel.
- The results will be sent by computer interface into Hematos IIG whenever possible.
- Appropriate reflex and other algorithm-mandated testing will be performed.
- Abnormal results will be reviewed by a transfusion medicine physician.
- HMC 1001 Setting Specification, Version 1.5, Hematos IIG, Medinfo
- Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, Current Edition, AABB, Bethesda, Maryland, USA