- All policies, processes, and procedures must comply with Qatari, HMC, and applicable accreditation standards (i.e. AABB, CAP, and JCI).
- All donors will have samples tested for infectious disease marker testing according to the applicable international standards.
- All testing will follow manufacturer’s recommended testing methods.
- The specific algorithms will be programmed into the Hematos IIG software.
- Whenever possible, tests performed on automated equipment will sent to Hematos IIG by validated software interfaces.
- All abnormal results will be reviewed by a transfusion medicine physician.
- Donors will be deferred based on specific algorithms which will be programmed into Hematos IIG software.
- HMC 1001 Setting Specification, Version 1.5, Hematos IIG, Medinfo
- Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, Current Edition, AABB, Bethesda, Maryland, USA