5.6.1 PROCESS: Donor Reactions
- Donor is continuously observed in the collection and post-donation areas by collection staff.
- Staff respond promptly to any adverse effect.
- Staff contact transfusion physician immediately if they cannot treat the reaction.
- Donor is referred promptly to emergency service if the transfusion physician cannot handle the situation or is not on premises.
- All reactions are documented in the adverse effects log and Hematos IIG.
- HMC 1001 Setting Specification, Version 1.5, Hematos IIG, Medinfo
- Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, Current Edition, AABB, Bethesda, Maryland, USA