Document Enumeration: 5.6
- All donors must be continuously observed throughout and after the collection process.
- Donors showing any signs of an adverse reaction must be treated promptly.
- All collection staff should be trained and deemed competent to handle donor reactions.
- All adverse effects should be recorded in the appropriate log AND the Hematos IIG system.
- All policies, processes, and procedures must comply with Qatari, HMC, and applicable accreditation standards (i.e. AABB, CAP, and JCI).
- HMC 1001 Setting Specification, Version 1.5, Hematos IIG, Medinfo
- Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, Current Edition, AABB, Bethesda, Maryland, USA