This is a sample process document for donor physical examination. Compare it to the previous post Policy: Donor Physical Examination.
5.3.1 PROCESS DONOR PHYSICAL EXAMINATION:
- The donor is positively identified by a designated picture ID and Hematos donor consent form with specimen/encounter number and barcode.
- Donor staff measures vital signs of donor and enters results into Hematos IIG.
- Donor staff inspects donor arms for suitable veins and checks for concurrent skin diseases and/or scarring.
- Medinfo Hematos IIG determines donor eligibility to collect components.
- HMC 1001 Setting Specification, Version 1.5, Hematos IIG, Medinfo
- Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, Current Edition, AABB, Bethesda, Maryland, USA