This is another example of a short concise policy statement. The process example will follow:
5.3 POLICY: DONOR PHYSICAL EXAM
- All donors will be positively identified with a picture ID and by their Hematos identifiers (donor ID and session registration/specimen number).
- The donor’s vital signs (BP, pulse, temperature, respiratory rate) will be measured by designated Donor Center staff.
- The donor’s arm veins will be inspected for a suitable donation site and evidence of scarring.
- Donor eligibility for actual collection will be determined by the Hematos IIG algorithms based on this data.
- All policies, processes, and procedures must comply with Qatari, HMC, and applicable accreditation standards (i.e. AABB, CAP, and JCI).
- HMC 1001 Setting Specification, Version 1.5, Hematos IIG, Medinfo
- Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, Current Edition, AABB, Bethesda, Maryland, USA