This is one of a series of posts comparing policies and processes in the blood bank.
PROCESS: 5.2.1 DONOR QUESTIONNAIRE
- The donor is positively identified by a designated picture ID and Medinfo Hematos donor consent form with specimen/encounter number and barcode.
- Donor is taken to a private area for the interview.
- Donor is asked ALL questions by Donor Center staff using the Hematos IIG questionnaire.
- Hematos IIG determines if any contraindications apply.
- Questionnaire will be referred to transfusion medicine physician for any questions requiring physician review.
- Donors without contraindication are sent for donor physical examination.
- HMC 1001 Setting Specification, Version 1.5, Hematos IIG, Medinfo
- Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, Current Edition, AABB, Bethesda, Maryland, USA