This is one of a series of posts on blood bank operations, comparing the process and policy documents.
5.2 POLICY: DONOR MEDICAL QUESTIONNAIRE
- All policies, processes, and procedures must comply with Qatari, HMC, and applicable accreditation standards (i.e. AABB, CAP, and JCI).
- All donors will be positively identified with a picture ID and by their Medinfo Hematos identifiers (donor ID and session registration/specimen number).
- Donors will be assessed confidentially in a private area.
- Donors will be asked questions based on the latest Uniform Donor Questionnaire with additional localization questions for Qatar using Medinfo Hematos IIG software.
- Donor must understand either English or Arabic.
- Otherwise, they cannot be accepted for donation.
- Donors passing the donor questionnaire will be processed for the donor physical examination.
- HMC 1001 Setting Specification, Version 1.5, Hematos IIG, Medinfo
- Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, Latest Edition, AABB, Bethesda, Maryland, USA