5.2.1 PROCESS: DONOR QUESTIONNAIRE
- Donor passes donor deferral database screening.
- Donor is taken to a private area for the interview.
- The donor is positively identified by a designated picture ID and Hematos donor consent form with specimen/encounter number and barcode.
- Donor is asked ALL questions by trained Donor Center staff using the Medinfo Hematos IIG questionnaire.
- Hematos IIG determines if any contraindications apply.
- Donor responses are reviewed by the transfusion medicine physician as indicated in the questionnaire.
- Donors without contraindication are sent for donor physical examination.
- Donors passing transfusion medicine physician review are sent for donor physicial examination.
- HMC 1001 Setting Specification, Version 1.5, Hematos IIG, Medinfo, Nice, France
- Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, Current Edition, AABB, Bethesda, Maryland, USA