There are several different types of comments in HIIG:
- Donor Global
- Patient Global
- Analytical Comments
- Result Comments
Physicians may enter any of these comment types. Comments may be entered before or after a test is authorized/verified. If entered after authorization, the test must be modified to accept the comment. Only result comments are visible in the patient’s medical record.
- Physicians should use comments in the following situations:
- Interpretations of DAT, antibody identification, ABO discrepancies
- Instructions for the selection of specific and/or modified blood components
- Donor eligibility issues (e.g. donor marker testing abnormalities and disposition)
- Donor reactions
- Telephone call documentation
- Donor counseling documentation
- Any special instructions to staff
- Any other situation where the transfusion physician determines it is desirable to enter a comment
- Copy all result-comments and also enter then as global comments against the patient or donor record as applicable.
Procedure—Patient Result Comments After Results are Authorized/Verified:
Sign into HIIG and select Patient module, Patient Consultation, and enter the patient hospital HC number.